Monday, April 16, 2007

Yay for Yoga!

After much procrastination, I restarted yoga last week. And it was blissful! The class I attended was definitely not traditional or hot yoga, but more a core yoga class that focused on developing the energy that we draw from our core. Sounds esoteric, eh? Well, it was pretty good. But not intense enough for me. Plus, the class was only an hour long.

After doing much hatha yoga growing up, I always thought I would find Bikram yoga too faddish. But I was hooked from the day I started it. I find the repetitive aspect (every class consists of 26 asanas plus 2 breathing exercises) of hot yoga incredibly soothing. Hatha yoga is still my fave, but I've found that a combination of both works wonders.

BTW, this pic (from wikipedia) cracks me up. I cannot conceive of a woman wearing a leotard and doing yoga outside a temple in India! :)

No comments: