Monday, April 9, 2007

Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu

I watched Kamal's latest movie last week after hearing pretty much everyone rave about how great it was. And I liked it. Not one of his best movies (think Nayagan, Thevar Magan, Moondraam Pirai, I could go on!) , but it definitely was not bad. He went a little overboard with the gore, and there were one too many cliched dialogues, but overall, I thought it was pretty well done. I'm sure many non-desis will be quite amused that an ostensibly serious film about serial killers is a "musical". Branding any desi movie with songs (which is pretty much every desi movie :)) a musical sounds so odd to me, songs and dance are such an integral aspect of the desi film scene!

Anyway, VV was quite alright - a pleasant surprise after the mediocre trailers! Jyothika was cute but deserved a much stronger role, too bad she isn't acting anymore. And it was a pity that Prakash Raj had an almost cameo role in the movie.

No comments: