Sunday, April 15, 2007

Olive dosas?!! Woo Hoo!

So, I felt like dosas for dindin, but wanted something different. So, I decided to season the dosas with an olive tapenade. I had to use makings from my fridge, so this is what went into my tapenade:
* A handful of finely chopped green olives
* 1/2 chopped tomato
* 8-10 chopped capers
* A lil vinegar
* One chopped pickled jalapeno
* A dash of olive oil (first press)
* salt'n'freshly ground peppa

I loved the slightly pungent flavor that the olives lent to the dosas! I made this chutney to go with the dosas:
* Roast a handful of peanuts with 2-3 red chillies and a couple of diced up carrots. Grind these up with some cilantro. Add 1-2 T lemon juice to this chutney. *yum*! A variation on the peanut chutney that Kimo used to make for me as a kid.

No comments: