Friday, June 8, 2007

Alborz rocks!

Yay! Another trip to Alborz - my fave Persian restaurant around here - this small restaurant in Redmond is run by this couple who basically handle everything there - seating, taking orders, cooking, serving, the works! Their food is *so* good - simple, fresh and quite tasty! And they have the best pickled garlic ever.

As I was mulling over what I wanted to eat, Farah gave me a sample of the hummus and maust moosier (the fabulous shallot-yogurt dip) to go with my basil naan - this might be my new favorite naan here (it was always the sesame cumin naan). I finally settled on the Baughali Polo (lima-dill rice) - my old favorite along with a side of the eggplant ragout - absolutely divine. The lima-dill rice is perfectly cooked and incredibly fragrant - *so* good!

And obviously, I had to finish my meal with a cup of the minty green tea - the perfect end to a fabulous meal.

No comments: