Monday, May 14, 2007

Vancouver - A gastronomic adventure - Part II

Sunday morning, Vodka and I headed off to one of our top 10 running spots - Stanley Park. The weather was much cooler than expected, but the light drizzle was really refreshing. And Vodka had a blast trying to catch the raindrops in his mouth :) This was supposed to be a long run day, but expecting to run 16 miles with Vodka is ... sheer foolishness! So, we ran 6 miles instead - around Lost Lagoon - and we saw *so* many birds - swans, Canadian geese and even a couple of blue herons.

I've heard a lot about how cool Kitsilano is, but had only been there once - so decided to find a brunch place there. We walked all around the neighborhood (it is really pretty), headed down to the beach - really fun (in spite of how cold it had gotten), can't wait to head there on a warm sunny day. We finally headed into Sophie's Cosmic Cafe for brunch - several folks have commented about this being a touristy brunch spot, but I loved it. I went on my benedict quest and this one definitely passed the test - eggs came hard poached like requested, the hollandaise was really light and flavorful and the potatoes were fabulous! Except I got enough to keep me going for another 2 meals! And they even have a house hot sauce - not fiery enough for me, but really tart and tasty!

No comments: