Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Icon Grill - *ick*

Icon has a new mac'n'cheese appetizer - fried mac with a jalapeno queso dip. Woooo!!! Somehow, they just managed to make a bigger artery clogger than their regular mac'n'cheese :) It does taste yummy, but that was the beginning and end of the good food at Icon.

To start off, our waitress got our drinks all mixed up - strangely enough, she heard 'Orange Drop' as 'Bartender's Margarita' - we were quite puzzled when our drinks didn't show up in cocktail glasses, and even more stymied when they tasted of tequila!

The menu had an interesting sounding tuna entree - thinly sliced, seared ahi tuna with a wasabi vinaigrette based salad - sounds good? That's what I thought too. And I ordered it. My first seafood entree ever! *so* excited. Until the food appeared. Somehow, my tuna had transformed into this giant thickly sliced steak-like "thingy". Ok, fine, I'm not intimidated (yet!), I'll try it ... one mouthful ... *ick*. This tuna tasted like it had absorbed all the salt in the ocean and then some! And it tasted like leather. *bleh*. And that damn salad was replete with celery. *grr*. Our other entree was the rock shrimp penne - apparently quite passable, that was a relief.

Yes, we complained about it. Yes, they took it off the tab. But for something that gross, they should really be paying me for it!

No comments: