Monday, May 21, 2007

Monsoon - *yum*

We were craving pan-Asian food and decided to hit Monsoon last friday. And it made us *happy*, very *happy*.

We ordered this Pinot Noir from Andrew Rich Wines that totally knocked our socks off - we actually finished up the entire bottle in the restaurant and tottered out feeling quite blissful! Seems like WSJ liked it quite a bit too!

Monsoon is one of those restaurants where I have such a hard time deciding what I want to eat - the plethora of choice astounds me :) And now that I'm dabbling in seafood, it gets even harder! So, after much dithering, we had to go for my old faves - the crispy tofu with peppers and mushrooms (the caramelized onions were divine) as well as the green beans with kabocha squash. Ok, this was simply fabulous. The squash was *so* incredibly flavorful, I'm at a total loss for words to explain it. Well, pupp ate it :) And the halibut - Oh so good!!! It originally tasted a little bland, but dribbling a little soy sauce on it made a world of difference - the super flaky fish suddenly exploded with flavor! And the morning glory salad was so refreshing - *very* unique.

*drool*

No comments: